Preparing your own income tax return can be a task that leaves you with more questions than answers. According to a study released by the Federal Government's General Accounting Office, most taxpayers believe they benefited from using a professional tax preparer.
Whether we like it or not, today's tax laws are so complicated that filing a relatively simple return can be confusing. It is just too easy to overlook deductions and credits to which you are entitled. Even if you use a computer software program there's no substitute for the assistance of an experienced tax professional.
Here's what you get:
- Your tax return will be checked and rechecked by our experienced staff to identify potential problems and maximize your benefits
- Our staff will help you understand your payroll withholding to cover your annual taxes without overpaying
- Help you estimate your tax liability for the following year and calculate estimated tax payments if needed
- Your tax return can be filed electronically so you will get a refund back quicker.
Planning is the key to successfully and legally reducing your tax liability. We go beyond tax compliance and proactively recommend tax saving strategies to maximize your after-tax income. We make it a priority to enhance our mastery of the current tax law, complex tax code, and new tax regulations by participating in professional education programs.
We recommend tax saving strategies that help you:
- Grow and preserve assets
- Defer income so you can keep your money now and pay less taxes later
- Reduce taxes on your income so you keep more of what you make
- Reduce taxes on your estate so your family keeps more of what you've made
- Reduce taxes on your gifts so you can give more
- Reduce taxes on your investments so you can grow your wealth faster
- Reduce taxes on your retirement distributions so you can retire in style
We work for you, not for the IRS. Many of our clients save many times the fee in reduced tax liability through careful planning and legitimate tax strategies.
Letters and notices from the IRS state taxing agencies can be daunting and working with a revenue agent can be intimidating. We can help you to understand what they are looking for and the best way to resolve the matter with the least stress and expense.
- Do you have a plan to make sure you never run out of money in retirement?
- Are inflation and taxes eroding your savings?
- Is your portfolio exposed to too much risk approaching or in retirement?
- Will your Social Security election cost your family upwards of $100,000?
- Do you know exactly how you are going to replace your paycheck?
- Do you know how much you need to retire?
Today, we face new challenges than other generations had faced before when retiring. Navigating this on your own can be confusing, so we take the time to explain everything to you: the risks, the options available, and ultimately to help you make the best educated decision for your specific situation.
We use a proprietary approach to handling our clients’ retirements because we realize that your assets aren’t just numbers on a page – your savings hold the key to your future. We don’t take that responsibility lightly, which is why we offer retirement plans that balance growth, risk, guaranteed income and liquidity to help you enjoy the successful retirement you’ve worked so hard for.
We work with clients to put a plan in place that:
- Makes sure they will get the most out of Social Security
- Preserves their wealth by reducing exposure to future market downturns
- Creates a reliable income stream that will last through retirement
- Will your home avoid probate at your passing?
- Will your heirs receive benefits in a tax-efficient manner?
- Have you satisfied your charitable intent with your current estate plan?
- Are you aware that lower cost corporate trustee services are available?
- Have you shared your final wishes with your loved ones?
- What mark will your legacy leave?
Estate plans need to be designed and executed with a high level of attention to detail in order to minimize related taxes for your family and heirs, allow your assets to pass on outside of probate court and make sure your final wishes are carried out exactly as planned. Even small mistakes can prove to be very expensive and invalidate legal documents, which is why our team of professionals takes the time to review every aspect of your plan extensively. We look forward to the opportunity to help you get your affairs in order with the confidence of knowing your legacy will leave its mark.
Estate planning and wealth transfer often go hand in hand. A good estate plan considers lifetime gifts as well as protecting your assets after death. You have worked hard to build your wealth and it should be distributed to those you care most about when and how you want. There are strategies for transitioning wealth during your lifetime to family, friends, and charities that can help reduce your estate tax burden.